Davis Redding

Default Thyratron

"MGM" wrote in message
KS19699-L4 SOLID STATE THYRATRON 2/68

MFD BY MOTOROLA FOR WESTERN ELECTRIC

Still in original box !! Never used !!
How can I determine a value and sell ?

About 6.5" long and 2.5 wide at its widest...... shaped like a WWII German
hand grenade....4 pins.....not glass, all plastic (composite)

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Well, it would be a good idea to find out the exact specs of your Thyratron (I bet a lot
of people don't know what the heck one of these things are!!).

You can try www.russiantubes.com except these are Russian made (some still made during the
Soviet era), and compare average values of these Thyratrons. However, I've never seen a
plastic one (it probably isn't high voltage), most of the ones I've seen are made from
ceramic, but this one could be different.

I typically pay $300 USD for a specific Thyratron that is used in Copper Bromide Vapour
Pulsed Wave Lasers that I work with, but a NOS one in untested condition?!?!?

Does the application still exist? oh, and not ever having seen a WW2 German grenade, I'm
guessing it is a cylinder of some sort with the pins probably on one end. Is there a
metal ring somewhere down the center of the unit?

Hope that sorta helps you out.

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada