Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Stump removal

Dynamite perhaps

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"rick" wrote in message
Have 45m run of double staggered Leylandii .... (no I didn't plant them)

Want to remove and plant something better ... I can obvioulsy use s chain
saw and cut down to a stump, there seems to be 2 main options to removal
of the remainder.

1. Pull out stump with a trefoil such as in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjqEC_FWqo
... but how well will that work on 20 yr old Leylandii .... typical
diameter between 6 and 8 " .... assume roots will be extensive

2. Hire a stump grinder .... HSS have a 6HP model :
http://www.hss.com/hire/p/portable-stump-chipper

or do I need something beefier such as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEh...ature=youtu.be

The trees are on a raised bank about 1.5m above ground behind a 1.2m
wall.
I can put a ramp to wheel up a 'portable' grinder .... but not something
like a bobcat or similar