Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Insulation "problems"??

Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 23:04:18 -0700 (PDT), sweetheart
wrote:

Hi,
I am going to ask here because I do not want truck with "sales calls".
I keep getting a call from some company or other ( can never hear the
name) about loft insulation I have allegedly go in my roof that could be "irritant".
I keep being asked questions (this is when I put the phone down)about
how long my insulation has been in the loft, and whether I paid for it
or whether it came as part of a scheme....
So what is this about? Trying to sell me more insulation or trying to
rip out the existing insulation or what?
By the way, they have wrong information because I have loft insulation
going back around 20 years ago topped up by hubby around five years back.
I applied for new insulation under a grant scheme a few years back but
we didnt take it because they wanted to fill the walls with cavity
insulation and put a blanket of insulation across the roof and we would
have lost our boarded out loft storage space- so hubby put in some
extra insulation himself just around the outsides of the boarded area
instead. Since they wanted to dictate what insulation and cavity wall
insulation as well and it came as a package, we didnt get the offer one.
Anyone had anything like this who can tell me what it is about? I am
curious and the calls are a bit of a annoyance now. I really do not
want to engage a person on a cold call on the phone. I dont like being
questioned about my home and my finances by strangers on the phone.....I
did ask " What are you trying to sell me?" and she said "
Nothing".....which I cant believe.

Nothing to do with insulation, but it sounds as though you could do
with blocking nuisance calls. Sign up with the telephone preference
service: http://tinyurl.com/btb4fz8

Which will have virtually no effect.

BT8500 phone (or newer variants) with Truecall is what you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT8500-Enha...words=truecall

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file