Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice Maurice is offline

Default Inspection chamber cover: Screws wl not unscrew...

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 21:50:54 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

I've never seen one without a flange. The flange is *under* the lid and
supports it. You can't see it when the lid is in place.

What do you suppose stops the lid falling into the chamber?

Of course there's a (narrow) flange to stop the cover falling in.

But the size of flange required to take the screw shown would have to be
wider than that flange, and I've never seen one like that (yet).

Here is the reply I got from the previous owner, by the way:

"..the cover you are talking about does not need special tools or
handles, only a large screwdriver. Suggest a good thump in the
centre
of the drain with a large piece of wood (fence post?) then just
lever
it out with something like a spade."

- which appears to be saying that it *is* screwed down.

--
/\/\aurice