Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Why did back coil refrigerators vanish?

On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 12:15:42 PM UTC-4, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 8/7/2016 9:14 AM, dirt wrote:
replying to TimR, dirt wrote:
Mine is the same. Its impossible to get to the inner coils. I tried bending
the special brush at a 45 degree angle to get to it. Does not do a
decent job.
Please, does anyone have a better way?

The last time I had this problem, I had the gardener come in and blow it
out with his leaf blower. Seriously. I wheeled the fridge over to the
door so the stuff would blow outside.

think compressor. can make a dirt. put fridge or whatever outside so the dust blows away.

i have fixed office machines for a lifetime. there was a nun in charge of a catholic school. they used super cheap paper in the copier. clean up was a mess. one day i moved the copier outside and blew the paper dust out with compressor.

it was a windy day, the dust blew away, but the nun was mad i had done this.. till i reminded her it saved her 75 bucks for a hours labor, with my vacuum and artists brush....

she said ok but dont do it again......