Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Lang David Lang is offline

Default Patio

On 07/08/2016 16:19, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 16:14:47 +0100, wrote:

On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 5:18:12 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
My concrete flagged patio is looking a bit grotty even though it gets
loads
of sunlight. I jet washed it using washing up liquid, but it is still
not
brilliant.
I jet wash it every year.
It has been down for about 5 years and always looked fine up to now.
Does anybody know if patio cleaner really works?

You jet washed it with washing up liquid?????

FFS! Jet washers dilute detergents to about 3%

That won't have any effect whatsoever, other than creating a lot of
bubbles! And if not rinsed off thoroughly it can leave a residue that
attracts dirt.

General rule; Use washing up liquid for washing up, not patios.

A jetwash washes by brute force, no chemicals are necessary. It should
take anything off a driveway all by itself.

True enough, although a pre spray can speed the job up. But not washing
up liquid!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman