Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Patio

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 21:19:18 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 00:33:17 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 23:39:35 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 20:43 5 Aug 2016, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 20:38:42 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:13:59 +0100, Fredxxx
wrote:

On 05/08/2016 17:18, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
My concrete flagged patio

I thought "concrete flag"s were a chav thing, only laid by
council tenant on account of its cost?

Concrete flags do change and become dull, why no reputable
home owner would ever use them.

Agreed. That and gravel. Just ends up all over the
lawn/flowerbed/etc. My drive is monoblocked.

It's a patio not a driveway you pillock.

Doesn't matter, there are much nicer things you can have there,
consider upgrading to this:

http://static.concretenetwork.com/ph...rete_55094.jpg

Stunning. Really nice.

Too fancy for my taste.

I'm not so sure about the barbecue pergola kitchen-bar structure.

Yeah, particularly the little pillars at the
bottom of the timber poles, looks silly IMO.

I'm not even sure if the flags are actually concrete, they are
very white and are not the same as the ones on footpaths.

That's a bit better.

I had those crappy "monoblocks" on the drive at my last house.
I fought the weeds for 18 years.

Bleach kills weeds stone dead. And jetwash.

I've seen a photo of your weed infested ******** drive Hucker.
Very council estate - as you are

I'm too lazy/busy to clean it often.

Yeah, that's the big advantage of poured concrete, no maintenance
required
at all.

Fine if you want your place to look like a council house.

None of the council houses here have anything like that.

What do they have?

A couple of strips.
https://au.pinterest.com/pin/236087205436331088/

My neighbour has that, with gravel inbetween.

Most of ours have grass or dirt between.

It's not a council house.

Neither are plenty of ours, but that is what the council provides
with our council houses, at least the houses that have their own
block of land. The higher density council housing usually has
poured concrete, just like all the non council blocks of flats etc.

She was most impressed when I put in my monoblock (mainly because it has
less weds than gravel).

More fool her. Poured concrete over the entire driveway
requires no maintenance what so ever weeds wise.

Hang on, your council houses look decent.

That isnt a council house, just the first example of
twin strips of concrete driveway I could find easily.

Ours are dilapidated old brick buildings.

Most of ours are what we call fibro, not brick.
http://lanyons.com.au/wp-content/upl...03/Kenna30.jpg