Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default death in group

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:22:15 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

Same here.

The above Facebook link still works for me. It shows his Facebook
page.

Maybe you have to be a Facebook member. I'm not and I got the same
"broken" message that the Paint Meister got.

I think you are probably right about that.

I have a completely bogus fake-me-out anonymous Facebook account that I set
up with all anonymous name info etc, and using a junk anonymous hotmail
email address. I only use it as a way to see other people's Facebook
accounts. My junk Facebook account has no Facebook "friends", no "likes",
no links, etc. Other than that, I don't use or like Facebook at all.

When I originally clicked on the above Facebook link, apparently I was
logged in to my fake/junk Facebook account, and Christopher's Facebook page
opened up. Then, after reading your message, I logged out of my fake/junk
Facebook account and then tried clicking on the link again. That time, I
got the same "page not available" message that you got. And, at the top of
that page it says that I could log in to Facebook. If I log in to my
fake/junk Facebook account, his page opens up.

I feel exactly the same way as youy do about Facebook. I dont like it,
and dont want to use it. This situation just adds to my dislike for it.
Just because I have not sold my soul to Zuckerburg, by allowing him to
get wealthy by stealing my identity, I am lied to, and told the page
dont exist is a real crock of ****. If I wanted to post something I
could understand having to log in, but just to view it, makes no sense.
No other websites require logging in to just "look".....

Did you know that Zuck is not the 6th most wealthy person on Earth? FOR
WHAT????

Sorry for getting preachy, but I hate FB and the whole concept. All FB
has done is ruin the internet at the expense of the lives of everyone
stupid enough to use Zuck's piece of ****, and made him wealthy in the
process.

Actually, I do have a completely bogus FB account too, if I can remember
what I used to sign up. I set it up for a pet, but I hate FB so much I
have not wanted to even use it.

I did want to see Stormy's picture and what he had to say at this sad
time though.... But I guess I cant do that unless I add to Zuck's
wallet.....