Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice Maurice is offline

Default Inspection chamber cover: Screws wl not unscrew...

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 20:16:53 +0100, Phil L wrote:

The paving needs to come out and then be set back in after whatever
needs doing in the manhole

What puzzles me is: What are the screws screwed into?
If they are holding the whole lid down they would need 4 flanges
projecting horizontally into the cavity, which I'm not sure I believe.

If the screws are not holding the lid in position (but simply holding the
lid
together), then perhaps it's a case of levering the lid out after
clearing
out the inset material? (if that can be done without taking the screws
out).

When we had a drain blockage last year, the guy who came to sort it out
tried to get this lid off, but simply failed to move the screws, which
presumably means he had not come across any other solution.
(Eventually discovered it was a different manhole cover that needed
lifting, which was eventually found (using a metal detector) buried under
layer of gravel and stones...)

--
/\/\aurice