Default Sony TV question

Sorry, forgot to mention that it is a Sony Trinitron KV-27EXR90. I was
wondering if that symptom points to something fairly common and repairable -
I am a repairman (Audio Amplifiers) though I haven't worked on a TV since
they were still full of tubes! I don't have a schematic but would apreciate
any specific hints on where to look. Thanks for the replies.
Todd
wrote in message
What does it mean when the top of the picture gets a little wider than the
rest of the screen? This is most noticable when text credits are scrolling
upwards. Can I adjust something? Is it repairable? Will it blow up soon?
Todd