Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 15:33:48 -0400, nospam wrote:

Where is your proof?

apple and android developer documentation.

Remember: I already referenced the exact android developer documentation
which supported the experiment that I devised based on reading those
documents (which told me exactly which services generated the AdID!).

As always, you reference absolutely nothing.
This used to bother me.

Until I realized...
a. You are afraid of facts
b. You want Apple Marketing to save you from these facts
c. They can't - because facts are facts (you thrive on Marketing lies).

Fact:
- It's trivially easy to completely eliminate the Advertising ID from an
unrooted Android device (my test was on an S3 with Android 4.3).

Hypothesis:
- It's impossible to do the same privacy tweak on unrooted iOS.

I'm a scientist.
I'm not afraid of facts.

Prove me wrong in that apple and android development document you so
nebulously cite.