Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 10:57:46 +0200, Michael Eyd wrote:

You seem to be unaware of the difference between data shown on a screen
and data stored internally in a computer system. The only thing you've
proven above is that you don't see this ID anymore in any (user
accessible) screen.

But you can't possibly know (at this time, after performing the steps
you outlined) whether it's still stored somewhere in the system, nor
whether it's still accessible by apps (or Android itself) whenever they
choose to do so.

I am a scientist.

1. I proposed my hypothesis & my references backing it up.
2. I showed the exact steps of my experiment for anyone to reproduce.
3. I showed the results for anyone to prove wrong.

And what do you provide?

You *saying* there is a super-secret hidden secret advertising ID that is
secretly generated outside the well-known mechanisms that the references
prove exist, merely means that you're stretching for a conspiracy theory to
support your erroneous beliefs.

What are your references?
Where is your experiment?
Where is your proof?

You may as well tell me the earth is flat.

I often wonder why you Apple people resort to such lies, but I finally
figured why you make up *everything* in your self-imposed contrived world
that Apple Marketing so safely (says they have) built for you:
a. You're scared witless (hoping that Apple Marketing will protect you)
b. You only care about style (which Apple Marketing surely provides)
c. You accept single-button-mouse solutions (from Apple Marketing)

Fact:
- It's trivially easy to completely eliminate the Advertising ID from an
unrooted Android device (my test was on an S3 with Android 4.3).

Hypothesis:
- It's impossible to do the same privacy tweak on unrooted iOS.

I'm a scientist. I'm not afraid of facts.
Prove me wrong.