Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 11:04:13 +0200, Michael Eyd wrote:

You didn't prove that the ID is actually wiped out.

I am a scientist.

1. Like any true scientist, I provide my hypothesis that iOs is less
private than Android when it comes to being able to easily *eliminate* the
advertising ID. And, like any true scientist, I provided numerous
references which backed up my claims and which supported the experiment
that I devised and published out in the open.

2. Like any true scientist, I provided the exact steps to my *experiment*,
which anyone on the planet can reproduce with any similar Android phone
(mine is an S3 on Android 4.3).

3. And, like a true scientist, I provided the results and conclusion that
the advertising ID was trivially easily completely eliminated from the
Android system. Like any true scientist, I know *more* needs to be
explored, such as the question of whether the Advertising ID is hidden
somehow, and that similar tests need to be performed to see if it is as
easy to eliminate the advertising ID on iOS as it was on Android.

This is what scientists do.
This is fact.

Now, what do *you* provide?

Words?
Tht's it?
Just words?

You are not a scientist.

You, and nospam and Savageduck and tlvp, etc., are merely iOS apologists
who don't like the fact that it's trivially easy to completely eliminate
the advertising ID on Android, while it's probably almost impossible to do
the same privacy tweak on iOS.

And as for iOS: I have an easily reachable menu in the Settings app,
where I can (and have ;-) ) denied Ad-tracking, and where I can even
reset the ADID (by generating a new one).

Heh heh ... you really felt the need to say that?
Really?

Even nospam and Savageduck and tlvp didn't feel the need to say that what
you have on Apple iOS is the same as what every Android user already has
with respect to *resetting* the advertising ID and telling advertisers not
to use it.

You probably don't even *understand* what I just wrote - but I'm sure
nospam (who, despite his constant baseless lies, actually *does* understand
everything that I write).