Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Michael Eyd Michael Eyd is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Androidphone?

Am 03.08.2016 um 08:47 schrieb Aardvarks:

I will test this further, but, it seems that everything else is working,
but that there is no Advertising ID

How do you know that? Not having it displayed on any screen is by no
means the same as it not being there at all.

Given that fact, what could Google possibly latch on to in order to invade
privacy?

There are other ways to identify a device, and we told you some weeks
ago in another thread. IIRC you never came back on my statements,
therefore I won't bring them up again.

Can the iOS users likewise wipe out the Apple advertising ID altogether?

'Likewise'? You didn't prove that the ID is actually wiped out.

And as for iOS: I have an easily reachable menu in the Settings app,
where I can (and have ;-) ) denied Ad-tracking, and where I can even
reset the ADID (by generating a new one).

In which way is that less secure than your way, which definitively is
too complex for almost all users?

Michael