Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Michael Eyd Michael Eyd is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Androidphone?

Am 03.08.2016 um 08:34 schrieb Aardvarks:

b. In addition, deleting and disabling the apps above, wiped out the
"Google Settings" app, so now there is zero mention of any ApID anywhere in
the Android device (that I can find).

One hypothesis for the Android aficionados:
- Have I entirely wiped out the AdID from my non-rooted device?
If not - where is it?

You seem to be unaware of the difference between data shown on a screen
and data stored internally in a computer system. The only thing you've
proven above is that you don't see this ID anymore in any (user
accessible) screen.

But you can't possibly know (at this time, after performing the steps
you outlined) whether it's still stored somewhere in the system, nor
whether it's still accessible by apps (or Android itself) whenever they
choose to do so.

Michael