Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,sci.electronics.repair
Aardvarks Aardvarks is offline

Default Why would iOS be safer from spying than a well setup Android phone?

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 23:43:09 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

The only fact here is, you are talking to yourself.
...and you are answering. There is something disturbing in that.

What's interesting is that you know *absolutely nothing* about this topic,
yet, you still post your usual Apple-Marketing-induced fear-driven drivel.

I am adding value to the overall knowledge level.
If I'm the only one in this ng capable of adding value - so be it.

For example, it seems that the primitive iOS operating system is far less
private than the more advanced Android operating system at this point
simply because I've shown it's easy to completely eliminate the advertising
id on Android.

Once I confirm that's the case, I'll see if it's possible to completely
eliminate the similar iOS Advertising ID; but knowing how limiting iOS is,
I suspect I'll have to "just give up" like you guys do all the time on iOS.

Meanwhile, if I happen to know more than the rest of you about how to
easily make Android private, then so be it. It's sad, because I know next
to nothing about either iOS or Android - but if I happen to know more than
anyone here does - that's just a fact.

The great news is that it was trivial to remove the Google Play account,
which, I think, in and of itself, is all that's needed.

It was also trivial to removed and/or disable the Google Services
applications and Google Framework applications - where the repercussions
were extremely minimal - so that's also good news.

1. Some Google apps stopped working (e.g., Youtube).
2. They were easily replaced.
3. One Android system app stopped working (i.e., Messages).
4. Likewise, that was easily replaced.

I'll keep testing and reporting back the results.

I doubt the backward Apple-Marketing-driven iOS users can ever add the
slightest bit of value to a technical thread such as this, so, I mostly ask
the far more sophisticated Android aficionados if they have similar
experiences where all vestiges of the Google phoning home have been so
easily eliminated.