Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Ameri-Clean@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 8:35:23 PM UTC-5, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

This topic is over 3 years old so I might as well get my 2 cents in. I buy Costco bananas frequently and they always ripen. Sometimes they appear not to ripen based on skin color, but the inside does get ripe. If you've had them 3 or 4 days and they still look unripe, try one and see. I never store them in the plastic bag because then they go from green to rotten.