Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:31:42 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:03:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:43:32 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:21:37 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 22:48:35 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:57:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:13:21 +0100, Tim Watts

wrote:

On 02/08/16 18:03, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is
closed
when
you
walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if
it's
not
closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper.

More fool you. Its handy to avoid not closing it properly
accidentally.

I'd fix the magnet.

The magnet isnt broken.

If it's working, it would close easily.

But not automatically.

I'm as forgetful as they come, but leaving your fridge door open has
be
about as stupid as driving along with your car door open.

Doesn't have to be left wide open so that is noticeable.

That implies you tried to close it and failed.

Nope, just that you didn't close it properly.

Best see a doctor about your lack of dexterity.

No doctor can do anything about a lack of dexterity.

You can get creams or something.

None that do a damned thing about dexterity.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

Cars that do that when lights are on annoy me to.

More fool you.

I might want to leave the lights on, for example for me to see
the
gate
or
garage door I'm opening.

Even you should be able to ignore the beeping when that happens.

No, I cannot ignore noises.

Corse you can. If someone said they would shoot you
if you didn't ignore the beeps, you'd ignore the beeps.

But they'd still annoy me.

So infrequently that only a fool would disconnect the beeper.

Not if I always came home in the evening, left the lights on to get
out
and open the garage door, then got back in to drive the car in.

With the wrecks you drive, sure. Makes no sense in a non wreck tho.

Why would that make the bleeper more or less annoying?

No one said it did.

Then what was your point?

What was yours ?