Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On 02/08/16 19:23, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Rob
Graham writes

Ahh - now that's a different story. Just how many times do I go to
bed after my wife and have to do just that !! But then we use a
kitchen mixer tap that is clearly designed for mains pressure hot
water and just how often do either of us leave the hot water running
because we can't hear it !!

I check the house doors are locked.

Going out for 1/2 hour - don't care.

Going away for a week: check everything 600 times!

I'll add in my pet hates of things left in passageways to be tripped
over and always have to be moved, and ditto for china etc. left right
on the edge of worktops and tables just waiting to be knocked to the
floor.

You missed the table lamp that is the only acceptable way to light the
unoccupied dining room and has to be placed just where a passing elbow
can knock it flying.

Otherwise, after nearly 48 years not counting courtship, most of the
annoyances have mellowed.