Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On 02/08/16 17:03, DerbyBorn wrote:
Will we be doing any of the following:

Press the buttons on our TV Remote really hard if it doesn't do what we
want?

Already do - because my volume buttons are knackered!

After locking the car with the remote, walk round and give each door 3 or 4
pulls of the door handle?

Do that if leaving all day in a less friendly area. Partly to check all
windows are fully closed and that the doors are too. When 3 other people
just piled out, I don't like making assumptions.

Use a Krooklock on our car despite it having an immobiliser and deadlocks?

No. Last time I used one, it was on my Maxi at uni. And someone used to
still pick the door lock (not hard) and get the lock off and push the
car around the car park for a joke! So I never bothered - if students
can get the off, I dare say proper crims can too!

Give the taps an extra turn to the off position every time we go near the
sink.

I installed 1/4 turn levers to avoid that!