Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 07:58:51 -0500
"Terry Coombs" wrote:

snip
Umm , I use the air ratchet to break them loose too , just hold the
trigger down and pull . It's a rare bolt that I can't break loose that way .
The ratchet lives in the tool box with the sockets and extensions , the air
hose is always handy and the compressor is always on . Nothing more
irritating to me than using a hand ratchet to unscrew something one click at
a time .

Probably the cheapo HF model I have then. No way it will break
anything loose even remotely tight. Works fine once something is broke
loose. Never had another model to try out. It is the same one I linked
to in the earlier question.

Which is why I asked the question. You can use it just like a regular
ratchet. Pull on the body, break something loose and then hit the air
to finish removing it. I looked around here & there when I first got it
to find out how it was to be used. Didn't find anything useful...

Even though I have several impacts and a decent compressor I usually
just use hand tools. Helps my solid handshake grip ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b