Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 19:45:45 -0400
"Steve W." wrote:

snip
The cheap ones with low torque are handy as bolt/nut runners when you
are dealing with multiple fasteners per job.

See my other reply to Terry about digging it out. Suspect you have the
air ratchet out already because you do more of that type of work.

I have two micro sized 3/8" impact units (70 lb.ft.)that get used a LOT.
Very handy as a day to day tool. Also great when you are in a tight
engine bay and have very little room to swing a ratchet.

As for whips. The primary reason is because the primary wear area on an
air line is the fitting at the tool. I've used a variety of swivels,
couplers and such to increase mobility. So far the one that actually
seems to actually work well is this style

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...tor-68196.html

Thanks for that recommendation. I've considered getting one of those. I
have the little HF Screwdriver:

http://www.harborfreight.com/reversi...ver-90059.html

Other than the power control knob, with isn't really marked (hard to
preset), I like it okay. Really nice for spinning a bunch of small
screws out of small appliances or electronics chassis. But it really
needs some sort of swivel on it and a flexible hose to be comfortable
to use. May pick one of those up someday and see if it helps.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b