Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 20:33:10 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:

On a side note/question. How do people use the air ratchets? Like
this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eig...het-47214.html

Best I can figure out is to use it like a regular ratchet and then hit
the air once you get something broken loose (shrug).

I thought it would be handy at times but I rarely go dig it out...

Just put it on the bolt , pull the trigger , and watch the nut/bolt spin .
The whole idea here is to spin that nut where you haven't got room to swing
a ratchet handle . I love mine particularly for disassembly , reassembly not
always .

I used them daily when I wrenched for a living. Since then, I've used
the impactor far more often for both screws and bolts. And both on
and off the job. I'll use the air ratchet the next time I need to
take the plate off the front underside of my Tundra, though. Those 5
bolts are long and fine, so a regular ratchet took some time.

--
It is easier to fool people than it is to
convince people that they have been fooled.