Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On Mon, 01 Aug 2016 17:21:51 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 8/1/2016 9:50 AM, BobH wrote:

I have been using a 5' whip on my right angle die grinder, and oiling at
the end. There has been no shortage of oil in the exhaust air, so it is
pretty clear that the oil is getting to the tool.

That's what I wanted to hear!

I'm going to ditch the ball oiler idea and put the in-line oiler at the
far end of the whip.

Thanks,
Bob

If you guys put a T at the end of your air connection..and put an
oiler on one side and a straight air connection at the other..and keep
(1) hose for doing stuff that needs oil...it works out very well.
Obviously you cant spray paint with the same hose you were running oil
mist through..so you buy a second hose..different color..and use it
for your "painting hose"
Same oil hose works fine with the spray duster most of the time..that
small amount of left over oil wont hurt anything unless you are
spraying old art works or electronic assemblies..in which case..you
use the "painting hose".

---