Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On 8/1/2016 4:27 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
I was hoping to get more maneuverability in tight areas. An industrial
style air coupler makes for a stiff, bulky spot right below the pistol
grip on my 3/8 impact. A longer hose like the others mentioned would
help in some ways but not so good for putting it away. I already have a
lot of clutter. Adding 5 ft of hose wouldn't be helpful keeping stuff
untangled in its hidy-hole...

Yep & yep ... no coupler & my grinder hangs beside the bench

... So I don't know how well it will hold up. Suspect it will leak at
the swivel if it gets much use.

I have a swivel on my air grinder. It definitely helps with
maneuverability. Like you, I was suspicious about its holding up, but
it hasn't leaked yet.
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...tor-68196.html

On a side note/question. How do people use the air ratchets? Like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eig...het-47214.html

Best I can figure out is to use it like a regular ratchet and then hit
the air once you get something broken loose (shrug).

I thought it would be handy at times but I rarely go dig it out...

Me too ... I probably used it once. Anybody want it?

Bob