Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Using a ball-check oiler for an air tool

On 01/08/16 02:03, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
I have a air angle grinder that I have a permanent hose whip on (to
eliminate the quick-connect fittings & make it more maneuverable).

The problem is, to oil the grinder I put the oil in the end of the
5'hose. An iffy technique.

So, I'm thinking that I'll put a ball check oiler in the tool-hose
adapter and be able to apply oil where it's needed. I have a nice old
Eagle pump oiler to use.

Anybody see why this might be a Bad Idea?

Thanks,
Bob

The oiler:
http://www.nelsonslocomotive.com/Hei...lHoleCover.jpg

What about this type of oiler designed to fit between the airline and
tool https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clar...in-line-oiler/ .
I suspect you can get them from the usual suspects in the states.