Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Costco bananas don't seem to ever ripen (what's the trick)?

wrote:
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 at 6:35:23 PM UTC-7, Francis C. wrote:
Whenever I buy Costco bananas, they never seem to ripen to yellow.
http://www.use.com/images/s_2/22214d...ae589dfc_1.jpg

What's the trick to ripening green bananas at home?

I have same experience. It took three weeks for the bananas to become
soft, not ripe. I put them in garage where the temp is usually 80 in the
afternoon. it does not work. I am guessing some chemicals or fertilizer is the cause.

Never saw bagged bananas in my groceries.

Greg