Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default PTFE pipe repair

Son (despair, despair) has put a fork through an underground water pipe.
He says the fountain was spectacular.

I remember the pipe in question - it is black and looks like ptfe, and
will have been installed in the '60's. When we had a previous leak at a
short exposed link, we found that the pipe was not a standard size and I
seem to remember finding a farming supplier in Wales who had some
fittings or adaptors, but I have no note of who or where they were.
Somewhere near Ruthin, I think.

For this reason we are loathe to cut and join the pipe. He was wondering
if there was some sort of adhesive that we could apply and then bind
with gaffer or other tape.

I found something online called Universal repair pack from Five Star
Adhesives in Runcorn, aka Starlok, but their site is out of date and
when I tried to make a Tinyurl, I got a refusal and warning of a spammed
site at

http://www.shop4glue.com/universal-g...r-pack-metal-a
ll-plastics-ptfe-polyethylene-polypropylene-silicone-81-p.asp

Has anyone any experience of this or similar product? Or trying to fix a
pipe in this way?
--
Bill