Dave Plowman

Default MEM Gridwwitch 8000

In article ,
Jerry. wrote:
You regularly switch off your fridge and freezer? How quaint.

Yes, when they need defrosting !

What's wrong with simply turning down the thermostat on the fridge?

I've not got a built in freezer, so I don't know if they can be defrosted
like this.

OK it's not regularly I'll grant you, but not having to empty a cupboard
to unplug is worth a little more work when installing new wiring when
refitting a kitchen IMO.

You could fit the socket at the top of the cupboard - away from possible
water leaks?

It's just that separate switches and fuses - especially if brought
together on a central panel of what - four minimum - would not be any
closer for some than opening the cupboard alongside and unplugging the
appliance.

And would serve no purpose for most.

Sorry to go on, but I remember doing just this on one installation years
ago using something like an 18 gang panel for switches fuses and neons.
And on going back some years later for a few modifications because of a
couple of replacement appliances, it was obvious the switches were never,
in fact used.

--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn