Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Burglar alarm PIR recommendations

On 25/07/2016 20:27, TheChief wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Michael Chare wrote:

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

I've installed Activ8 Dual-Tech ones (combined PIR and microwave doppler
sensors) spiders haven't managed to set them off so far.

+1 for dual tech passives if there's a chance of false alarms.

Phil

Don't most of the alarm PIRs, even the cheaper models, have a counter
thus requiring x number of transitions in a defined time to set them off?

I had one with my letter box in the field of view. It was set off in
winter when the postman delivered a lot of cold letters to my warm
house. The PIR is now positioned over the front door and misses the area
just behind it.