Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Burglar alarm PIR recommendations

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

--
Michael Chare

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

I've installed Activ8 Dual-Tech ones (combined PIR and microwave doppler
sensors) spiders haven't managed to set them off so far.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2016 20:27, TheChief wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Michael Chare wrote:

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

I've installed Activ8 Dual-Tech ones (combined PIR and microwave doppler
sensors) spiders haven't managed to set them off so far.

+1 for dual tech passives if there's a chance of false alarms.

Phil

Don't most of the alarm PIRs, even the cheaper models, have a counter
thus requiring x number of transitions in a defined time to set them off?

I had one with my letter box in the field of view. It was set off in
winter when the postman delivered a lot of cold letters to my warm
house. The PIR is now positioned over the front door and misses the area
just behind it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Michael Chare wrote:

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

I've installed Activ8 Dual-Tech ones (combined PIR and microwave doppler
sensors) spiders haven't managed to set them off so far.

+1 for dual tech passives if there's a chance of false alarms.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TheChief writes:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Michael Chare wrote:

I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and
another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway.
Any recommendations as to what to buy?

I've installed Activ8 Dual-Tech ones (combined PIR and microwave doppler
sensors) spiders haven't managed to set them off so far.

+1 for dual tech passives if there's a chance of false alarms.

Mine are all dual-tech.
I've had long-life from Pyronix and Guardall dual-techs.
Focus on the other hand were so bad I sent them all back
(their anti-masking detectors kept false triggering and
cannot be disabled).

Of course, this doesn't necessarily indicate the quality
of similar products you might buy today.

--
Andrew Gabriel

burglar alarm stuart noble UK diy 4 May 21st 12 01:43 AM
Connecting smoke alarm to burglar alarm robgraham UK diy 6 November 30th 10 11:00 AM
burglar alarm andrew UK diy 17 April 26th 09 10:03 AM
Burglar alarm Fred UK diy 4 January 21st 08 05:33 PM
Burglar Alarm Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 3 April 7th 05 02:04 AM