Greysky

Default airbags

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:neEYb.212362$U%5.1228300@attbi_s03...

face.

What I don't understand is that I can pick up for example a '90 240 either
with or without the airbag (it was optional at the time) and the model
without the bag is perfectly legal to own, drive and sell, and I may add

has
a safety record superior to a great many new cars, yet if I get a model

with
an airbag and remove it, that's illegal. Well screw it, I'd disconnect it
anyway and just never sell the car, or better yet, I'll just stick with

ones
that don't have it in the first place.

Why ask why when it comes to government regs.... in california the state
recycler will pay you for aluminum cans, but only if they have the state
seal on them. V* Tomato juics has no seal, and the recycler will go through
the cans and throw out the V* cans. Now is the Al in those cans somehow less
important thant he Al in any other can? By throwing those cans out, the
state is littering and doing everything they say we *citizens* can't or
shouldn't do. It's all Bulls***. I deactivated my airbags after a friend of
the family got his neck broken by one when it went off...