Mary Fisher

Default Strange noise from loft..

"Andrew Heggie" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:04:30 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

It's very comforting to read that posters are prepared to admit that they
have rodents.

When I showed my grand daughter, 8yo, the paper that had been used by
our "visitor" and the gnaw marks in a mars bar she took fright.

I wonder why? Such a little thing compared with even an eight year old.

But people are irrationally frightened of all sorts of tiny things, such as
flying insects (even moths which can't bite or sting!) and yet are happy
enough to walk alongside or cross a busy road risking several hundredweights
of metal hitting them.

She
won't stay overnight now nor go upstairs un accompanied. This despite
my having shown her nests with occupants in the wild.

That's a shame.

Having trapped (break back trap) them in the past and found them to be
woodmice I'm leaving this one alone (well I have set a mikk bottle
with chocolate but doubt it will work).

A house mouse was killed in our Ratzapper last night. I'm not frightened of
mice but don't want them in the house. Why? I don't know. They're not in the
pantry.

I'm as irrational as the next man - who set the trap, not me.

Mary

AJH