Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corbyn must be ~50 years out of date.

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
Absolutely. Just like the BBC starting TV in black and white with mono
sound rather than in colour and stereo. And insisting we used tiny CRT
TVs rather than widescreen LCD. Why indeed did they ever use analogue
when everyone knows now that digital is the way to go?

The BBC didn't try to stop anyone using anything they wanted to receive
their broadcasts.

Thanks for missing the point.

If the old GPO/BT rules/regulations still existed we would still have to
use the old B/W mono analogue system because the wide-screen LCD colour
TVs would take another two years to be approved for connection.
I recall that even phone extension leads had to be approved before
connecting to the phone network. However, rules/regulations were
designed to be broken, by both retailers and customers.

If you think it reasonable to be so sure a state owned industry never
changes, does that apply to the NHS?

Does that stick with technology from 40 years ago? How come so many state
owned companies from other countries now run parts of our railway and
utilities, etc?

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman London SW