Jim Thompson

Default airbags

On 17 Feb 2004 14:57:44 -0800, (Lewin A.R.W. Edwards)
wrote:

[snip]
One real problem, as it's been explained to me by people who work on
these things, is that the collision sensors in the North American
market are set to excessive sensitivity, because of laxly enforced
and/or nonexistent seatbelt laws. (Worse still, this problem often
propagates to other markets). As usual, an attempt to save people from
their own suicidal stupidity results in injury to others.

Mandatory-use-of-seat-belt laws are in the works in most states, even
Arizona ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |