Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Corbyn must be ~50 years out of date.

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/07/16 23:11, Andrew wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 22/07/2016 12:38, John Rumm wrote:

Can you imaging ordering your GPO "internet" facility, and having to
wait six months for an engineer to come out and install your GPO
branded dial up modem, which you rent from them at £4/month extra. Oh,
and you can't have it near the computer, you will need to move that to
the hall!

And not being able to even connect any modern technology* to the phone
line without themselves approving it first. Anyone want to buy an
up-to-date 14.4k modem? We will get around to approving 28.8k modems
some time in the next few years.?

Absolutely. Just like the BBC starting TV in black and white with mono
sound rather than in colour and stereo. And insisting we used tiny CRT
TVs
rather than widescreen LCD. Why indeed did they ever use analogue when
everyone knows now that digital is the way to go?

But the BBC didn't *force* viewers to buy or rent their TVs from
the BBC, did they ?.

They would have done, if they could.

Why should they have needed to. Listeners equipemnt was not directly
connected to the BBC's equipment.

-

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England