Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default 200 quid for chips?

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
RJH wrote:
Is there some department that goes round looking to make up nonsensical
names under the guise of being PC? Or just a local busybody?

I suspect there was some journal article or other that led to a
departmental edict. It certainly wasn't supported by the front line
staff. IME these sorts of things arise from people who think they're
doing the right thing but have no real idea what they're talking about.

I worked for a pretty large organisation at one time, and don't remember
any of this nonsense being promoted.
Seems to be most common in organisations where there were people employed
with no real job.

There was the time at BBC Television Centre where the staff restaurant had
"Spotted Richard" on the pudding menu!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England