Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Corbyn must be ~50 years out of date.

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , NY
wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , John
Rumm wrote:
Can you imaging ordering your GPO "internet" facility, and having to
wait six months for an engineer to come out and install your GPO
branded dial up modem, which you rent from them at £4/month extra. Oh,
and you can't have it near the computer, you will need to move that to
the hall!

Can you just imagine having a state owned company running the
railways or generating power, etc.

Yet that's exactly what we have. But owned by another state - not
the UK.

Very easy to make any industry a failing one. State owned or
private. Just starve it of investment. That killed off most UK
industries nicely. But not elsewhere.

The other sure-fire way of killing any industry is to split it into
lots of separate business centres which charge each other money to do
business with each other, and expend money and time in keeping track
of these costs, whereas previously there was a spirit of "we're all
one big company so we've got to cooperate with each other". I've seen
it happen so many times in the computer industry (Ferranti, ICL,
Fujitsu) where other departments want to be paid explicitly for the
service that they provide us, which is a great disincentive for using
them when it used to be "for free" (ie rolled up into an invisible
cost that was not on a per-use basis).

The BBC suffered in this was, too.

Quite. So called total costing which was anything but. Based on a faulty
model.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.