James Sweet

Default airbags

"Sofie" wrote in message
Michael Turner:
You are EXACTLY correct...... a huge liability and safety issue.
My brother works for a GM dealer in town here and he had to go to factory
training initially for 2 weeks and then refresher courses every year to

stay
certified..... as a certified airbag systems technician he has an awesome
responsibility... just imagine the scenarios that you described..... not
deploying when they are suppose to and someone ends up getting killed or
critically injured...... and deploying when they are NOT suppose to and
causing the driver to lose control of the automobile and causing a

horrific
accident where there is loss of life, injuries, properly loss, etc.
--

The deploying when not supposed to concerns me far more, I've heard a few
stories of water getting into airbag controllers and the driver ending up