Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 183000 new labour members/voters in 48hrs.

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
'Appears sincere' in that he hasn't changed his views much if at all
during his long career. But if you prefer the likes of Boris who does so
overnight, that's fine with me.

Corbyn is consistent, and I respect that. But he did appear to change
his opinion on the referendum. Do you know any background to that? Was
he persuaded? Or was it misreported?

I'm not an expert on Corbyn. He was asked on a Ch4 show (the last leg?)
and he said he was about 7/10 in favour of the EU. He was also reported as
speaking at more meetings on the referendum than most.

But giving his honest opinion about the EU isn't what goes down well with
the likes of those on here. Where everything is only ever seen in black or
white.

I think that's why he found
himself unable to jump up and down with enthusiasm for staying in, and
has since been criticised for it. I think there was some inner conflict
there, but I don't really know. It's a genuine question, BTW. I'm no
great fan of partisan politics.

You're unusual on here. The majority of the vocal ones seem to be rather
right of Atilla the Hun - and must be now cheering on the Turkish
government, but wouldn't admit to after using them as a reason to get out
of the EU. So not quite sure why they are so obsessed with blackening the
character of Corbyn.

The very idea of building affordable rent housing rather than spending
billions on replacing Trident is something which couldn't be contemplated.

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.