Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 200 quid for chips?

whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

When I was secretary of our staff socail club I was
asked to change the menus in the bar from saying
white tea/coffee to tea/coffee with or without milk.

And that was a perfectly sensible thing to do.

They refused to give me a reason for changing it.

Because the reason was obvious.

Probably that no one understood what white tea was. Green tea, yes.

I think they did.

I'm sure they did, but just thought that their form would be
understood by more, particularly those who arent natives.

They might not have known what green tea was then in the mid 1990s.
I think everyone knew what black and white tea/coffee meant and had done
for some time as they'd been a staff socail club 10 years before I took
over.

Not necessarily true of new staff members.

Of course the orginal staff club was sold it's now some sort of muslim
centre.
Other things were changing too of course all going very PC' still doing
it.

I dont believe there was anything PC about it.

I told them where to go when they said because women
can only collect post not parcels I was getting the job of
delivering them, I've changed their mind on that one.