Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Modifying a soundbar

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Andy Burns wrote

Not really, I've dedicated my old Nexus7 tablet to the purpose
(it had become too slow and clunky for general use). It sits on
the breakfast bar in its docking stand, it's always charged, just
goes to sleep and becomes a big clock, one touch wakes it up,
then I've got a bunch of widgets per radio station on the home
screen, so another touch selects the station.

Can I ask what you and yours usually listen to in the kitchen? ;-)

In my case it's podcasts from our equivalent of the BBC when doing
boring stuff like boiling the relish for an hour etc or the marmalade.

I listen to the same stuff when out walking for
exercise and other boring situations like clearing
sale auctions too and longer distance car trips.

I personally do it using the latest smartphone
which automatically downloads the latest
podcasts that I have told it I am interested
in so all I have to do is select the particular
one I want to listen to etc.