Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modifying a soundbar

RJH wrote:

I've one of these:
http://www.thehouseofmarley.co.uk/au...ker-green.html

Didn't come across that one in my search of bluetooth/wifi speakers
and/or DAB radios.

But don't you mind faffing about with tablets/phones just to listen to
the radio or some music?

Not really, I've dedicated my old Nexus7 tablet to the purpose (it had
become too slow and clunky for general use). It sits on the breakfast
bar in its docking stand, it's always charged, just goes to sleep and
becomes a big clock, one touch wakes it up, then I've got a bunch of
widgets per radio station on the home screen, so another touch selects
the station.

Other widgets for music, news, weather and volume, so I don't use
android apps as such, just a block of widgets, like a touch screen
radio/mp3 player. If I'm at home all day, I leave it streaming away to
itself like I would leave a normal radio on ... bandwidth? schmandwidth.