Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint help for kitchen.

On Sunday, 17 July 2016 16:13:24 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Saturday, 16 July 2016 20:36:53 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Saturday, 16 July 2016 09:49:54 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
On Thursday, 14 July 2016 21:23:52 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message

PVAing the plaster is a fashion without need. Paint onto bare dry
plaster
results in the liquid in the paint being sucked into the plaster,
leaving
it short of glue, hence the peeling. Solutions:
a) 50/50 diluted ****coat first
b) paint the plaster with water, wait 5 minutes then paint as
normal.
c) dilute PVA onto plaster first. Too much and you get slicks
paint
won't
stick to.
I prefer B, it's quicker & stronger. C I'd avoid.

so b) is quicker and stronger than a)?

Yes. The watercoat is extremely fast to do, nothing like a coat of
paint
where you need to take some care. So you get a full strength coat in a
few
minutes more than it takes to do the ****coat. With a ****coat much of
the
diluted glue soaks into the plaster, weakening the paint. With B it
doesn't.

Well that's every professional painter and decorator I have ever seen
at
work doing it wrong then.

It's not wrong to use a ****coat, just quicker to use water.

Is that the sound of a six letter word I can hear stomping into view?

Begins with a W.

No, it's the sound of you being thick and childish again.

******.

You are indeed sir.