Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Paint help for kitchen.

Wrote in message:
On Friday, 15 July 2016 19:06:44 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Friday, 15 July 2016 16:16:30 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Thursday, 14 July 2016 19:55:44 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Thursday, 14 July 2016 19:15:43 UTC+1, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:

PVAing the plaster is a fashion without need. Paint onto bare dry plaster results in the liquid in the paint being sucked into the plaster, leaving it short of glue, hence the peeling. Solutions:
a) 50/50 diluted ****coat first
b) paint the plaster with water, wait 5 minutes then paint as normal.
c) dilute PVA onto plaster first. Too much and you get slicks paint won't stick to.
I prefer B, it's quicker & stronger. C I'd avoid.

D) plaster sealer

Sure, you can always be a mug.

Just as well reasoned as ever ;-)

One only need look at the prices to see the reason. Plaster sealer is simply not needed.

Depends how much one values ones time ****ing about making **** coats.

quicker than a coat of sealer

If you have large ceilings like mine (YMMV) ****ing about painting
with water would mean the start point would be dry before I
completed the water coat.

It doesn't. It soaks in. It's very fast to do. But keep telling us about things of which you know nothing as usual.

NT

I wouldn't dream of stealing your trademark approach nige :-D :-D

So you're saying once you've slapped water over your plaster
ceiling when you did it (assuming you've ever actually done it
;-) ) it stayed wet "forever"? Interesting if doubtful....

Depends how much one values ones time ****ing about making **** coats.

quicker than a coat of sealer

Depends how much you value your time ****ing about making **** coats.
(NB A sealer comes ready to apply ;-) )

Hope that's clearer for you.

Yes it's clearer that you're a clueless time waster.

It's clear to me that you are a trolling ****wit nige

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----