Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default craftsman turning tool sets

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:19:11 -0600, graham wrote:

As Richard Raffan wrote in a recent article, buying a cheap starter kit
is never a good idea.

Well, I don't know if you'd call them cheap or not, but the $80 HSS set
from Harbor Freight is often recommended for beginners. I bought one
many years ago and it's been well worth the money. The handles are ugly
Chinese mystery wood, but that's no problem for a turner :-).

Now the $19 set, that's a different kettle of fish!

carrying a cross.