Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 200 quid for chips?

whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Then there are those who just don't like the ghettoisation
by any non-native people (but are happy with native people
doing the same, like 'inner Londoners' moving out into to certain
places in the country). Not like we do in Spain or anything.

Threr are tgose that dontl; see anyhting wrong in selling their home
in one country and moving to another and buying a home their. What
these people might see as wrong is where you give up your home in
one country and get given a home in another country, when residetn
of that country can't afford homes of their own, and this applies to
the natives and those that have been in the UK for 20+ years and
have worked and paid taxes for 20+ years.

You mean like buying a holiday home in some pretty little village and
pushing the locals out? Forcing the council to find accommodation for
them?

Did that actually happen ?

Presumably some of it must have with the place sold to some non local having
previously been rented out to a local who has to move somewhere else.

Who paid for sall the holiday villas to be put up in spain.

Far fewer of the holiday places in Britain are new places.

Do you think those that come to the UK
are buying holiday homes in London ?

Some of them are.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17067246
Spain ****ed up that's what happened .

I suppose it waqs the brits that cause Ciudad Real Central
Airport to be abondoned, buy buying to much property in spain.

While here in the UK we're told foreign investors are good for the
economy so why aren't brit investors good for the spanish economy ?

They are and the Spanish economy would implode without them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36298590

A Spanish friend of mine having lived and rented in London for 20 years
has just brought a flat in Barcelona as she can't afford a flat in London.