Ampdoc

Default Pioneer rear projection convergence

Here's the substitute from Pioneer:
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...m=STK4279%2DSL

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe" wrote in message
et...
Duh! I take it by leads you mean the 'feet' off the STK? Yep, found

those.
;-)

"Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe" wrote in message
et...
Update ... I've got the convergence board out and located the STK. I

don't
see any STK 'leads' but I do see where it's soldered to the board. Will
have a closer look.

But the problem now is where to locate that part! I've searched online

and
everywhere that has it seems to have a minimum order value in the $350 -
$500 range. Do you know where I can order it?

J.

"Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe" wrote in message
t...
Thanks Jammy - that was exactly what I was hoping for. I'll take

another
look at the box later today and let you know how I get on removing the

IC.

J.

"Ampdoc" wrote in message
.. .
You can get the manual at:
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...uctNum=ARP2880

But you really don't need it for this, put the back back on, remove

the
speaker grille, remove 6 screws securing the cover underneath the

grille,
you will find the convergence PCB attached to that panel. Be certain

mark
the wires when you unplug the panel as on some sets Pioneer did not
color-code the plug and socket, make sure you reconnect them

correctly.
The
STK is underneath the large heatsink, remove the PCB from the

holder,
desolder the STK leads, and then desolder the screw holding the

heatsink,
remove the 2 screws then heatsink & IC simultaneously, and replace

with
new
STK! As to the other shop's estimate, it is possible you were being
quoted
for replacement of the entire convergence assembly, whitch is

$226.00
Plus
S&H, and return shipping for the core. If the board is replaced a

set-up
would need to be done, but if you only replace the IC 99% of the

time
you
will be well within factory specifications and only need minor

adjustments
in the user menu. Some shops never learn to go to component level as
Pioneer's warranty policy is board replacement.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
227 S. 4th St.
Selmer, TN 38375
731-645-3311

"Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe" wrote in message
et...
Ken - do you know where I can get hold of a service manual or a

diagram
of
the internals so I'd at least know which board I was supposed to

be
looking
at?

I have the screen and back off the TV and it all looks reasonably

easy
get to. Are there any obvious 'don't touch this' items (re

voltages)?

J.

"Ken G." wrote in message
Here we go again with rip off repair shops ..
getting the chassis out far enough to get the board out is quite

chore
you have to take off alot of wires/plugs .
If you can solder `very well` that may be all it needs . It

would
be
hard to get shocked in a big screen tv set doing a convergence

board
.
If you cant try to get help taking it to a reasonable repair

shop
avoid their 100$ travel time .