Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Modifying a soundbar

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:23:34 +0100
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 12/07/16 14:13, Syd Rumpo wrote:
I have a car radio/ CD player in the kitchen which fits nicely out
of the way underneath a row of wall cupboards with a suitable
cut-out in the trim.

The speakers are on top of the cupboards, quite near the ceiling,
which is fine when things are quiet, but they're a bit far away
compared to, say, the kettle and so need to be turned up more than
I'd like.

An answer would be some sort of flat speakers attached to the
underside of the cupboards - say about 2" high.

Then I saw pictures of 'soundbars'. I know nothing of these, but it
looks like some of them would fit nicely and unobtrusively behind
the trim on the underside of the cupboards.

But I don't want the electronics, just the housing with the speakers
directly connected to the car radio. Seems like it should be an
easy mod, but I've never looked inside these things - anyone done
this?

Cheers

Seems overkill. Surely you can make some shallow MDF cabinets and
mount a pair of car speakers ex a scrapyard?

Or cut holes in the bottom of the cupboards and mount a pair of 8"
Goodmans in there, using the whole cupboard as a resonator box? That
will get the kitchen moving!

--
Davey.