Sofie

Default AA battery clock conundrum

Ian.2:
If it is indeed a 1.5 volt battery then somehow proper contact is not being
made...... try another brand of battery..... sometimes, as others have
stated, the positive and negative contacts on the battery can be too wide,
too narrow, too shallow, etc..... as compared to other batteries.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Ian.2" wrote in message
Thanks for all your replies!

The clock module has always had a 1.5v battery in it - the one I took out
says "AA/LR6/1.5V" and I've replaced it with the same type (always
Alkaline). The first battery I tried was brand-new out of it's packaging,
so was another battery I tried, before resorting to other part-used
batteries in frustration. Only the original nearly-dead battery got any
ticks out of the second hand of the clock.

The meter I use is a Philips thing designed purely for battery and lamp
testing, and it's been a reliable indicator of battery condition in the
past. My new batteries give a strong meter reading, the part-used ones

less
so, the dead one from the clock gives barely a flicker on the meter.

I'm wondering if it's a physical contact thing, although it *looks* ok. I
will try a test meter across the PCB end of the contacts later just to
confirm that there is proper contact with the battery.

I'll let yu know the result!

Ian